Website and social networks of Ask Locala
Last update: 11.22.2022
This policy hereby (the “Policy”) informs you of the terms and conditions under which Ask Locala processes and collects personal data during:
- The use of Ask Locala SAS or its affiliates’ social networks pages (the “Social Networks”)
The Policy addresses the following topics:
- PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
- PERSONS CONCERNED
- PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
3.1. Data collected from you directly 2
3.2. Data collected indirectly
- PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA CONTROL
- RETENTION PERIODS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
- YOUR RIGHTS
- SPECIFIC DISPOSALS APPLICABLE TO CALIFORNIA STATE RESIDENTS (USA)
- POLICY MODIFICATIONS
1. PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
The personal data controller described in the Policy is Ask Locala SAS, entered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 534 318 415, with registered offices at 55 rue d’Amsterdam 75008 Paris (hereinafter “Ask Locala”).
Ask Locala has a Data Protection Officer, whose contact information are available at the article 8 “Your rights” below.
2. PERSONS CONCERNED
Ask Locala processes your personal data in accordance with the Policy if you visit the Website or used the Social Networks.
3. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
3.1. Data collected from you directly
We collect and process the personal data that you provide when you contact us through the Website or through the Social Networks. These data are the following categories:
- Your identification information, including for example: Your Name, your company, your contact information.
- The personal data that you decide to include in the text zone that you fulfill (for example, in the text zone of our contact form: “your message”). We collect or process these data only for the need of the processing request. You should not include a third parties’ personal data unless you had their prior consent.
When you fulfill the contact information form on the Website, the required information is marked with an asterisk. This information is necessary for us to proceed to the request and to identify you. If you choose not to provide it, we would not be able to proceed to your request.
3.2. Data collected indirectly
We also collect automatically personal data of you when you browse the Website, by using cookies or other tracking devices. For more information, click here.
4. PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA CONTROL
We collect your personal data for the following purposes, and on the following legal grounds:
|Processing to your requests when you contact us through the Website or one of the Social Networks||Your consent|
|If you contact us for your business, you are sending marketing messages about our company and its products and services.||Our legitimate interest to promote our company and its activities.|
The cookies and other markers we use on purpose to deposit on the Website, are set out in our Cookie Statement, which can be viewed by clicking here. Except for those with a purely technical purpose, we obtain your consent before depositing cookies and other tracers on your terminal.
5. RETENTION PERIODS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We store/keep your personal data in our databases during thirteen months from the day of collection or from our last contact to you. However, we may keep it on different periods that you will be informed of when it’s effective, if we enter a business relationship following our contact through the Website or the Social Networks.
The retention period above, do not prevent you from exercising your rights as detailed in the article 8 of the Policy.
6. RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Some personal data about yourself may be communicated, only to the extend necessary and allowed by the applicable regulations, to the following recipients:
- Authorized persons within Ask Locala, who need access to it for their duties.
- Ask Locala’s substractors acting on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions: service providers in charge of hosting and/or maintenance of our computer systems, service providers in charge of sending commercial prospecting emails.
- In cases provided by law: legal authorities.
- In the cases provided by law: public administrations authorized can receive communication about certain personal data about yourself (tax administration, social security and retirement organizations).
- Court officers (lawyers, bailiffs) in the event of litigation.
Finally, we inform you that mergers, spin-offs or sales of our assets may involve the transfer of files with personal data to some third parties, as well as their examination, for example in the context of audits. In the event of such an operation, we will implement guarantees and security measures to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Your personal data may be transferred to the United States to our service providers, Ask Locala’s subcontractors, who are in charge of hosting the data subject to the processing described in the Policy as well as editing and/or maintaining the software used within the company for office automation, commercial prospecting, and internal messaging.
These transfers are governed the conclusion of transfer agreement including standard contractual transfer clauses published by European Commission. A copy of these contracts is available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
In application to the personal data protection policy, you have the following rights:
- Access and modification: you have the right to access to your personal data free and, if necessary to request modifications.
- Removal: you may request the deletion for the removal of all or a part of your personal data in the following cases:
- When their processing is no longer necessary for the final purposes its been proceeded for;
- When you exercise your right to object under the conditions indicated below;
- When the data has been processed unlawfully; or
- When their deletion is required to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Withdrawal of consent: When we process your personal data based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time in the future.
- Opposition: you may object, for reasons relating to your situation which it will be up to you to communicate to us, to processing with our legitimate interest as the legal basis.
If you exercise this right, we will cease to carry out the processing concerned, unless (i) there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights and freedoms, or (ii) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Limitation: You may request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, in the following cases:
- If you dispute the accuracy of your personal data – for a period of time that allows us to carry out the necessary checks;
- If the processing is unlawful, but you object to the deletion of the data and instead request the restriction of their use;
- When the processing is no longer necessary for us but you wish us to keep the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- When you exercise your right to object – for the period required to verify whether we have compelling legitimate grounds for further processing.
- Portability: You may request portability of personal data processed based on the performance of your contract, as explained in Section 4 of the Policy
You may exercise these rights at any time or ask any questions regarding Ask Locala’s personal data processing by sending an email to: email@example.com. You may also send a letter Ask Locala, whose address is written in Section 1 of the Policy. To facilitate the processing of your request, please include in the subject line of your message or letter “Exercising my personal data rights”.
Finally, you also have the right to file a complaint to the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL).
9. SPECIFIC DISPOSALS APPLICABLE TO CALIFORNIA STATE RESIDENTS (USA)
- Rights under the CCPA: If you are a California consumer within the meaning of the CCPA, you may have the right to: (i) request access to your personal data and additional details about our information practices, (ii) request the delete of your personal data, (iii) opt out of the “sale” of your personal data (within the meaning of the CCPA), and (iv) not being discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Data: Under the CCPA, we are required to allow California consumers to request the delete of their personal data.
- Non-discrimination of consumers exercising their privacy rights: At Ask Locala, we ensure that no consumer (not just California consumers) will be discriminated for exercising privacy rights conferred by the CCPA or any other local regulation.
- Right to Opt Out of “Sales” of Personal Data: Ask Locala is a third-party company which does not purchase any personal data, and more importantly, does not sell your personal data. In some circumstances, we will act as a service provider to the publishers in managing the data processed. In this case, we will limit the final purposes of the personal data processing. It is the responsibility of the publishers to inform us whether they consider us to be their service provider.
10. POLICY MODIFICATIONS
Ask Locala may change this Policy from time to time. We will ensure that you are informed of any changes. In any case, we invite you to consult our Policy regularly.