Locala – The Drive-to-Store Platform – is the first and only advertising technology that connects brands to consumers by bridging the gap between digital advertising and the real world. Founded in 2011 by mobile marketing pioneers, Locala has more than 180 employees and services more than 600 advertisers worldwide. The company has ten offices in the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
We are seeking motivated and hardworking individuals to joins our fun-loving team! In order to support our international growth, we are looking for a Backend Engineer based in Paris or Marseille.
Here is what we will be expecting from you if you work at Locala:
- To develop applications with particular attention to the context (technical, functional, business, and human);
- To be involved in the product team’s life and the understanding of business needs;
- To work with the rest of the team to design appropriate solutions;
- To strive to achieve certain technical excellence by ensuring the quality of what you deliver;
- To add proper unit tests to your developments;
- To assiduously document what you’ve produced;
- To understand and respect the development and release process of the team;
- To communicate to the VP Engineering any blocker or other problem that affects your work;
- To help the product team to improve by being proactive on the evolution of internal tools and methods;
- To have mindful communication with the other members of the team but also with external actors;
- To participate in level 2 support when required.
As a Backend Engineer we will also expect from you that:
- You like new challenges;
- You know your way around Java and/or Scala;
- You have a good understanding of the JVM and its performance aspects;
- You’ve worked with functional/reactive programming;
- You’re open-minded about working with new technologies;
- You know your way around a git repository;
- You have no issue communicating in French and in English.
If you wish to apply, please send your application to email@example.com with the subject line Backend Engineer. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible. Nevertheless, due to the large volume of applicants, we can only reply to successful candidates.